In the middle of every academic year, no later than February 1, the doctoral student who has received the support must submit to the Archimedes Foundation an interim report, which will be the basis of the transfer of the second installment. The interim report must be sent to the Foundation by mail.
The interim report shall include:
- A short free-form summary (1-5 pages) of the current activities at the foreign university together with the confirmation of the lecturer of the foreign university;
- Written confirmation of the studies at the foreign university.
By the end of each academic year, but not later than September 1, the recipient of the scholarship must submit to the Archimedes Foundation the final report of the academic year, which will be the basis of the transfer of the next installment.
The final report shall include:
- A report form;
- An overview of the work performed during the academic year with the confirmation of the supervisor of the foreign university;
- Written confirmation regarding the studies at the foreign institution of higher education;
- Original documents certifying the dates of the actual travel to the city of the destination of the study abroad and back (original boarding passes of the plane ticket, original train, bus or boat tickets).
Doctoral students, whose scholarship agreement has been extended over the standard study period, are required twice a year, on 1 February and on 1 September during the extension period to submit reports on the progress of their studies.
The report shall include:
- A short free-form summary (1–5 pages) of the current activities at the foreign university together with the confirmation of the lecturer (supervisor) of the foreign university;
- Written confirmation regarding the studies at the foreign university.
The report form shall be submitted electronically in the application system at the end of the first academic year. In the following academic years, the report form must be downloaded from this website. The filled report form must be printed, signed and together with the required annexes, sent, by mail to the Archimedes Foundation at the address:
Kristjan Jaak doctoral studies abroad
The Archimedes Foundation has the right to review the decision of allocation of the scholarship and demand full or partial refund of the paid scholarship if:
- reports or the original tickets are not submitted in a timely manner;
- studies and research have not progressed;
- it appears that the recipient of the scholarship has stayed in Estonia during the academic studies without approval;
- it appears that the scholarship has been misused in some other way.